The following are Mandatory Requirements for P6 Schedule Configuration:
To begin building the Preliminary Schedule the following settings are mandatory in all schedule submissions to the Government
- All Activity Codes shall be “Project Level Codes” and Not Global codes or EPS.
- All Project Calendars shall be Project Level Calendars and Not Global Calendars.
- All Activities Duration Type shall be Fixed Duration and Units at both the project and activity levels.
- All Activities shall have a Percent (%) Complete Type set to Physical at both the project and activity levels.
- All time periods preferences shall be set to 8hr/Day, 40 hr/week, 172 hr/month, and 2000 hr/year.
- Under the projects screen settings: Define critical activities shall be set to the Longest Path.
- Under the schedule options Retained Logic is the only option acceptable.
- Cost loading shall be done through adding a Lump Sum Labor Resource with 1 Dollar price per unit, to provide a lump sum cost for the activity and the budgeted units shall equal the budgeted cost for that activity. Under the Resources tab, Details, ensure Calculate cost from units has the check mark. Additionally, set the default units per time equal to 8hrs per day. Reference Oracle Knowledge base Doc ID # 906705.1
- Activity ID length shall not exceed 10 characters.
- Activity Name/description length shall not exceed 30 characters.
Looking for more information on Primavera P6 training courses?
Click here for details on our P6 for Government Contracts course.
Click here for details on our P6 Fundamentals course.