Fundamentals of Primavera P6 Training Course
Fundamentals of Primavera P6 Training is typically a 2-day course that provides hands-on training of basic P6 fundamentals. At the end of this training, attendees will be able to setup and build a schedule, print reports and update progress for timely project management decisions, throughout the duration of the project. This course can be completed onsite or online.
Day 1: P6 Fundamentals
- P6 navigation, managing single & multiple projects in the Enterprise Project Structure (EPS)
- Manage User Preferences & Administrative Settings (P6 Administrator)
- Create a Project, Calendars, & Defaults
- Build the WBS structure & Activity Codes
- Add Activities & Milestones, add Relationships & Constraints
- Schedule the Project and review the Schedule Report
Day 2: Optimizing the Schedule & Reporting
- Review Day 1 – optimize the Schedule
- Add Resources & Costs
- Build and save Basic Layouts & Reports
- Print graphical reports, including Cash Flow Curve
- Update the Project Schedule for Progress (Statusing the Activities)
- Maintain & Assign Baselines
- Filtering & more advanced Reports
Optional Topics as time allows and per attendees’ preferences
- Import & Export Schedules
- Schedule Change Orders using Fragnets using approved Time Impact Analysis Techniques
Attendees will receive: New comprehensive class workbook / reference manual
Required: Minimum two years construction experience, with a working knowledge of project scheduling and solid Windows computer skills.
Recommended: At least one year using Primavera P3, SureTrak, or Microsoft Project.
Looking for specific training on compliance with government contracts? Click here for more information about our P6 for Government Contracts Course.
Call (808) 938-6778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below for more information.